Thursday 5 August 2010

You Made Your Choice

I'm angry with you today.
I'm angry with you today.
I'm angry with you today.
My choice?
Mine?
It was your choice.
Your choice.
I tried.
Everything.
I wanted to make it work.
You believed it
best to leave it be,
I followed your words.
I did what you said.
And the pain was so great.
The pain ate me alive.
The pain still won't go away.
Because
you
made
the
choice
not
to
be
with
me.
I'm angry with you today.
You think I should wait?
I deserve better
than
that.
I had no choice.
You made the choice for me,
for us,
for you.
And I am now
left,
with
just
me,
and what I
do
with
me
is for me to keep.
You made your choice,
the day you walked out.
Now to save your pride
you
blame
me for choosing.
I chose
because I had no choice.
You had your chance,
and I gave you many,
and even if
my love for you
clings to
me
forever,
you made your choice.
Now
I
Live
Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment