Thursday 1 July 2010

Hill in Force

Gotcha.
She couldn't let go.
Gotcha.
Twisted with concern.
Gotcha.
And then a spiral twist.
From that moment on
she sprang to fruition,
holding onto something
that was thought to become,
but never lasted.
A lonely spider
in a kiln
suffocating within her own web
then loose beyond any thrill.
I couldn't say
how hard the climb was.
But it takes a harder step to cross it,
and another to move it.
And although
my reflection seeks beauty and peace,
my heart despairs
along the everlasting
road that's
been trampled to bits.
Could I have said it then?
I did but with less grace
do I hold onto something
that's totally killing the core of everlasting sorrow,
between these walls I seek the courage
to not become the victim
of my own demise.
And why would anyone ever want me?
Not because I don't believe I deserve it,
but maybe because there is no one there.
A happy thought,
but nothing that could stick
inside my heart.
And yet I dream
and hopelessly fall for something
that's poor and
indisposed.
A book is comfort
and book is a dream
a poem is food
a poem is...
Bruised.

No comments:

Post a Comment